The condos, clubs and art deco architecture of coastal city of Miami Beach, particularly its South Beach neighborhood, was the destination for a weekend jaunt.
Split from Miami city by Biscayne Bay, the city of 80,000 has the reputation for the high-life, but a generous friend let us stay in his condo near the Miami Beach Convention Center for the weekend.
- Walking, eating and boozing on Lincoln Road, the noted, nearly half-century old pedestrian mall, including Spris and the Kilwin’s candy shop.
- Atlantic Ocean at 23rd Street and the 12th street gay beach
- A great lunch at Havana 1957 along Espanola Way, another pedestrian mall
- Walked Ocean Drive and the many other beautiful, sunny, pedestrian friendly places.
- I took a long bike ride Saturday night to see the lines and velvet ropes of the club district.
Some photos here.