What does it mean to be a favorite? I don’t have that one artist or band whose work I foam at the mouth over, whose performances I chase and the like. I’m going with what I’d be able to bear listening to for the longest time without interruption, whose music I mostly know, mostly enjoy and like to share.
- The Weakerthans — Their performance at World Cafe Live in University City, Philadelphia also happened to be one of my favorite live music events ever. Very controlled, intimate and strong.
- Dr. Dog — I know their stuff less well, but I really enjoy the sound.
- Cake — One of the most recognizable sounds in music
- Kenny Chesney — He helped bring me into country music as a kid.
- George Strait — A legend of country, I’ve seen him live a couple times.
- Brad Paisley — Consistently strong country star
- The Roots — They are the most accomplished, celebrated, respected hip hop group of a generation. I’ve seen them live a few times and even bought a vinyl album.
- Mac Lethal — Surprisingly adept and strong indie hip hop star.